Career Posting - Engineering Student Work-Term
Engineering Student Work-Term
M2 Engineering is currently looking for an engineering student to join our water and wastewater team for a 4-month to 8-month placement. As a summer student you will work side by side our engineering team to troubleshoot problems and help find efficient and effective solutions for our clients. You will be exposed to various aspects of designing water and wastewater infrastructure, including the preparation of studies, pre-designs, and detailed designs, as well as construction related activities.
This position will require field related work, and therefore, requires driving to projects sites throughout Alberta, staying overnight in hotels, and being able to work 8-12 hours a day, when required.
Along with your superior interpersonal skills, you will join us with highly developed organizational and time management skills. You are driven to continually improve upon the customer experience and are enthusiastic and positive about learning new ways to better the business.
You are a person who is responsible, self-motivated, detailed oriented, and a good communicator. You have a proven track record of providing excellent customer service and troubleshooting solutions in a busy environment and possess the following roles and responsibilities:
This position is available as a fixed term, for either a 4-month or 8-month placement.
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
M2 Engineering is an Alberta-based consulting engineering firm that provides municipal and private industry engineering services for water, wastewater, and reuse water infrastructure. M2 has experienced tremendous growth by providing water/waste water solutions in a reliable, safe and environmentally responsible way. Our projects are successful because we focus on our staff and treat clients the way we want to be treated. We understand the drivers and motivators of our employees and allow them to build a successful career that best suits them personally and professionally. This focus on clients and employees was one of the key reasons that Jackie and Nathan started M2 Engineering in 2015.
Our goal at M2 Engineering is to provide an exceptional client experience. Our team strives to be more in tune with our customer’s needs, satisfaction and concerns, allowing us to maintain a personal touch with our clients and projects.
You are more than just an employee. You are part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in our community. We offer a very competitive compensation package, and we not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes your personal and professional growth.
About M2 Engineering
Roles & Responsibilities
- Strong desire to learn, take on challenges and grow your career
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Active in seeking further knowledge and personal development
- Excellent problem solving skills
Studies & Reports
- Assist with background data collection and analysis
- Assist with assessment of existing water/wastewater systems
- Assist with developing options to address project objectives
- Assist with cost estimating options to address project objectives
- Assist with designing water and wastewater systems including equipment selection and sizing
- Assist with coordinating multi-discipline engineering teams
- Assist with construction management activities such as reviewing budges, schedules, shop drawings, request for information enquiries, contractor progress claims, material performance test reports, etc.
- Assist with preparation of construction inspection and progress reports
- Assist with the commissioning of water/wastewater facilities
The Engineering Student position requires candidates with the following qualifications:
- Candidate must be enrolled in Engineering at an accredited university. Engineering discipline programs suitable for this placement include: Civil-Environmental.
- Student must have completed 4 terms of their engineering curriculum.
- Candidate must be in good standing with their university.
- Possess a valid driver’s licence.
How to Apply
Through to Engineering Co-op office, and/or please submit your resume and cover letter by either e-mail (careers@M2eng.ca) or mail to:
#210, 10216 – 124 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T5N 4A3
Posted: September 1, 2017
Thank you to all our applicants. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.